- Purchasing Agent
Purchasing Agent Posted on 04/12/2021
Full Time | Administration | Wanamassa, NJ
Looking for an experienced, dynamic Purchasing Agent to spearhead the transition to our new purchasing system agency-wide. We are a non-profit Agency with 14 locations throughout Monmouth and Ocean counties. 3-4 years experience working with a purchasing system preferred. Excellent communication skills and computer knowledge required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate activities involved with procuring goods and services.
- Process approved requisitions and create purchase orders.
- Interview, negotiate and correspond with vendors and suppliers to assure Agency pricing and quality of goods and services meet acceptable standards.
- Verify receipt of purchases and resolve any errors.
- Maintain computerized procurement records.
- Perform physical inventory of merchandise purchased to confirm that adequate supplies are on hand.
- Meet with Agency administrators and managers to determine purchasing needs and specifications.
- Work closely with Accounts Payable to reconcile all purchasing and billing issues.
- Set ordering thresholds for commonly used items.
- Ensure the timely delivery of goods so that Agency operations can continue uninterrupted.
- Compare costs and evaluate the quality and suitability of supplies, materials and equipment.
Excellent benefits and on-site child care available.
Please email resume to Crystal Pendry at firstname.lastname@example.org
New Jersey law prohibits employers from considering the criminal records of job applicants for employment under certain circumstances.