Full Time | Administration | Wanamassa, NJ
Full time Director of Human Resources position at large nonprofit agency headquartered in Wanamassa, NJ. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field; 10+ years in a Human Resources leadership role in a large organization with 400+ employees; proficient in MS Office Suite. ADP Workforce Now experience a plus; Defined Benefit Pension Plan administration experience a plus; experience in a nonprofit organization preferred.
· Supervise day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Department, including benefits administration and employee communications.
· Supervise HR Coordinator, HR Assistant and other HR staff as assigned.
· Assure all locations comply with all federal, state and local laws governing employment.
· Work with management at all levels of the organization to ensure all departments adhere to Agency policies and procedures.
· Provide support to management through conflict resolution, disciplinary action and other sensitive employee relations issues.
· Oversee flow of paperwork among various departments of the organization, HR and payroll.
· Interface with payroll to enter employee information and benefits deductions in ADP’s Workforce Now system.
· Manage all employee leaves: FMLA, NJLAD, Military and others.
· Oversee administration of retirement plans – Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution and 403B pension plans in collaboration with the HR Coordinator.
· File form 5500 for Health and Welfare Benefits and PBGC Form for Defined Benefit plan. Prepare and mail Summary Annual Reports to participants.
· Ensure organization’s compliance with ERISA provisions, the Fair Labor Standards Act and Health Care Reform.
· Prepare reports required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as OSHA, EEOC, ACA and other regulatory agencies.
· Maintain working knowledge of government regulations, pending legislation that impacts employment and benefits, and benefits program trends and practices among similar organizations.
· Develop and maintain external cooperative relationships with professional and trade organizations that enable and support performance strategies and organizational effectiveness.
· Work with auditors on annual retirement plan audits, DOE Fiscal audits and Worker’s Compensation audits.
· Work in coordination with Agency Directors for recruitment, hiring and employee orientation activities.
· Work in coordination with the Director of Children’s Services in the preparation of annual DOE contracts and DOE contracts for new hires/changes as needed.
In collaboration with the HR Coordinator, ensure the following:
· Oversight of termination process and job postings.
· Oversight of benefits administration, including the development of specifications for new benefits or modifications of existing benefits offerings, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
· Oversight of administration of organization insurance policies, including Workers Compensation Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Health and Dental, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Unemployment Insurance, General Liability, Professional/ Property/Auto Insurance.
· Management of employee flexible spending accounts, dependent care accounts, and COBRA.
· Completion of employment verification and employee information requests.
Fax resume to 732-493-5961 or email to email@example.com
On-site child care available.
New Jersey law prohibits employers from considering the criminal records of job applicants for employment under certain circumstances.